Tim Elliott is a marketer and internet entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience in marketing, product management, and business development across diverse industries from publishing to professional services to hospitality. He has worked in both business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) settings. Since 2006, Tim has integrated social media marketing tactics into the overall marketing activities for technology and wine industry clients.
Skills & Services
- Product Marketing and Management
- Business Development
- Direct Email and Search Marketing
- Media Relations and Blogger Outreach
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Development
January 2006 – Present
Social media marketing practice targeting wineries and technology companies.
Developed social media best practices in the wine industry to increase customer engagement direct to consumer sales.
- Conceived and executed annual integrated marketing plan incorporating demand generation, brand building, public relations, online & email marketing, promotion and social media activities.
- Design and implement WordPress-powered websites to support the integration of client social media activities.
- Combined email marketing and social media to extend consumer experience online and increase wine club loyalty.
- Produce educational podcasts (both audio & video) in support of client social media campaigns.
- Provide blogger outreach and social media release support for product launches.
- Monitor retail media and produce daily digest delivered via RSS and email.
Adjunct Professor, College of Graduate and Continuing Studies
St. Paul, MN
Concordia University, St. Paul
December 2003 – September 2008
Taught undergraduate courses in internet and relationship marketing.
- Created online marketing curriculum and best practice case studies for class discussion.
- Incorporated new media strategies such as blogs, podcasting, wiki’s, social networks and services.
- Experience teaching the course both in classroom and online, adapting curriculum for both mediums.
Product Manager, Storage Services
February 2003 – January 2006
Responsible for leading professional services business plan, developing new storage services offerings, and creating tools & practices to enhance the company’s service delivery capabilities. This includes consulting, customer support, installation and training services.
- Increased top-line revenue from professional services and customer support by 37% in less than 3 years and gross profit by 27% over the same period.
- Grew consulting business by over 800%, to $2.8M, increasing margins to over 45%.
- Commercialized storage assessment consulting service within first 90 days.
- Defined and executed services brand strategy to differentiate consulting and customer support services.
- Conceived and implemented tiered premium customer support offerings, extending revenue opportunities.
Executive Director, Global Marketing
March 1998 – April 2002
Responsible for all product & segment marketing and communications activities for the company worldwide. Accountable to global P&L for Commercial segment. Directly managed a staff of five.
- Developed and implemented a global pricing structure shift from transaction to subscription model, increasing gross margin contribution by 42%.
- Maintained service revenue growth profile while reducing cost structure by over 3X.
- Developed multi-year product roadmap to lead development activities.
- Focused customer value propositions on solutions rather than service lines, reducing sales cycle.
Also held the roles of European Marketing Director from 2000-01 and Marketing Director, Graphic Arts from 1998-2000.
Worldwide Marketing Manager, Digital Solutions
Eastman Kodak Company
September 1985 – March 1998
- Directed and implemented global marketing strategy for digital proofing, dry film, computer-to-plate and color management software.
- Managed global marketing communications process, ad agency relationship and budget.
- Generated demand for key products via field seminars and co-marketing activities.
- Led global partnership and business development initiatives with major OEMs and ISVs.
Also held the roles of Market Segment Manager, Prepress from 1994-96, National Account Manager from 1991-94 and Account Manager from 1985-91.
September 1997 – May 1999
University of Pittsburgh, Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, Pittsburgh, PA
September 1980 – June 1982
California State University at Chico, Chico, CA
Information & Communications Studies
September 1978 – June 1980
University of California, San Diego , La Jolla, CA
Visual Art and Film